Author Topic: Artyku³y na temat Opeth!  (Read 119691 times)

0 Members i 1 Go¶æ przegl±da ten w±tek.

Sharlet

Odp: Artyku³y na temat Opeth!
« Reply #225 on: 2010-05-01, 15:59:39 »
Wk³adka naprawdê bez rewelacji, a trzeba wspomniec, ¿e jest to wydatek 10 zeta.
Starych zdjêc nie ma tam w ogóle. Najbardziej podobaly mi sie 2 pierwsze strony o poczatkach zespo³u i pare ciekawostek, np. ile razy musieli spac w studio podczas pracy nad albumami;).
Co do ocen p³yt, to pani recenzent przesadzi³a z tymi "trójami". Jak sie to czyta, odnios³am takie wra¿enie, to niby ³adnie, fajnie itd. i 3. Tak jak kurde w szkole: "Dobrze, siadaj, dst." :roll: Oczywi¶cie BWP 5 gwiazdek :>

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #226 on: 2010-05-01, 19:23:10 »
Najbardziej podobaly mi sie 2 pierwsze strony o poczatkach zespo³u i pare ciekawostek, np. ile razy musieli spac w studio podczas pracy nad albumami;).
O tym akurat czyta³em dawno temu :wink:, ale niestety nie znalaz³em wzmianki o tym, ¿e Mike, by bardziej oddaæ nastrój swych tekstów, w czasie nagrywania wokali, zapala³ w studio mnóstwo ¶wiec (niczym w clipie do Bema pamiêci ¿a³obny rapsod Niemena), bez u¿ywania elektryczno¶ci... Kto¶ to mo¿e potwierdziæ? :)
Seven milestones...
Under a watching autumn eye
Contorted trees are spreading forth
The message of the wind

kwarnik

• Mourner
« Reply #227 on: 2010-05-05, 09:51:51 »
Najbardziej podobaly mi sie 2 pierwsze strony o poczatkach zespo³u i pare ciekawostek, np. ile razy musieli spac w studio podczas pracy nad albumami;).
O tym akurat czyta³em dawno temu :wink:, ale niestety nie znalaz³em wzmianki o tym, ¿e Mike, by bardziej oddaæ nastrój swych tekstów, w czasie nagrywania wokali, zapala³ w studio mnóstwo ¶wiec (niczym w clipie do Bema pamiêci ¿a³obny rapsod Niemena), bez u¿ywania elektryczno¶ci... Kto¶ to mo¿e potwierdziæ? :)
A ja nie wiedzia³em, ¿e Mike ma jeszcze jedno imiê — Lars :) Artyku³ jednak jest przeciêtny, w dodatku napisany do¶æ pretensjonalnie. Mnie te¿ dziwi± oceny albumów. Skoro po¶wiêca siê zespo³owi wk³adkê, to znaczy chyba, ¿e dany zespó³ i jego twórczo¶æ mia³a znacz±cy wp³yw na rozwój muzyki. A skoro p³yty ocenia siê po trzy lub trzy i pó³ gwiazdki, to po co robiæ wk³adkê takiemu zespo³owi?

djdioda

• Nazgul ortografii
  • Administrator
  • Southpole chainsaw massacre
« Reply #228 on: 2010-05-05, 10:27:03 »
A skoro p³yty ocenia siê po trzy lub trzy i pó³ gwiazdki, to po co robiæ wk³adkê takiemu zespo³owi?
No tak, bo wk³adka to powinien byæ o³tarzyk z samymi najwy¿szymi ocenami  #-o

Kas

• Glücksbringerin
  • Global Moderathor
« Reply #229 on: 2010-05-05, 18:17:12 »
A skoro p³yty ocenia siê po trzy lub trzy i pó³ gwiazdki, to po co robiæ wk³adkê takiemu zespo³owi?
No tak, bo wk³adka to powinien byæ o³tarzyk z samymi najwy¿szymi ocenami  #-o
A nie? :shock: ;)
3,5/5 to du¿o. Chocia¿ jakby to by³o zapisane 7/10, to by od razu inaczej wygl±da³o, tak lepiej :P

Enter_the_Chicken

« Reply #230 on: 2010-05-06, 23:12:11 »
Teraz Rock! w UD to tylko na zamówienie :D czy kto¶ móg³by to proszê zeskanowaæ, albo nawet tylko fotki zrobiæ i gdzie¶ wrzuciæ ?
Wyslano: 2010-05-05, 23:34:19
Dziêki uprzejmo¶ci najbardziej uprzejmej osoby w tej materii, w³a¶nie skoñczy³em czytaæ tê wk³adkê i jestem zawiedziony.
Tekst jak kopia z wikipedii, po prostu tekst. B³êdy w wielu miejscach (mylenie sk³adów, mylenie Damnation z Deliverance, przedstawianie historii z jednego punktu widzenia).

Pierwszy raz czytam tak± wk³adkê, ale zdarza³o mi siê czytaæ biografie zespo³ów. I dziwi mnie, ¿e kto¶ próbuje na 10 stronach zmie¶ciæ 20 lat zespo³u. Wniosek wyci±gam jeden - taka wk³adka jest dla osób, którego nigdy Opeth nie s³ysza³y, bo dla fanów nie ma tam nic.

I szkoda tylko, ¿e nie napisali tam, ¿e Blackwater Park to tak naprawdê prezent od Wilsona.

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #231 on: 2010-05-07, 08:03:35 »
Wniosek wyci±gam jeden - taka wk³adka jest dla osób, którego nigdy Opeth nie s³ysza³y, bo dla fanów nie ma tam nic.
Bo ta wk³adka merytorycznie nie jest i w³a¶ciwie nie mo¿e byæ dla fanów. Zdziwi³bym siê, gdyby w redakcji "Teraz Rock" znalaz³ siê kto¶, kto wie co¶ wiêcej od nas o Opeth :wink:, choæ nigdy nic nie wiadomo… Dla nas ta wk³adka mo¿e byæ jedynie powodem do dumy, ¿e w¶ród wielu innych znakomitych formacji rockowych, Opeth zosta³o przez miesiêcznik wybrane do elitarnego grona "Wielkich Rocka". Generalnie bardzo siê cieszê, ¿e o Opeth wreszcie du¿o siê pisze w najwa¿niejszym periodyku muzycznym w naszym kraju, bo jeszcze kilka lat temu by³y tam jednie niewielkie wzmianki w dziale recenzji (cytowa³em je zreszt± ju¿ w tym w±tku).
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #232 on: 2010-05-19, 12:26:00 »
Ciekawy wywiad z Majkiem (tutaj) - opowiada w nim o jubileuszowej minitrasie, solowym projekcie, nowym albumie, o nowym DVD, o kontaktach z dawnymi cz³onkami Opeth, zamkniêciu blogu na MySpace itp.:
Quote from: Opeth fanclub
Exclusive interview with Mikael Åkerfeldt!
by Jörgen Hellström 19. May 2010 09:47

FC:  Are you satisfied with the 20th anniversary tour?

M: Extremely satisfied! All of the shows was sold out. I think the Royal Albert Hall had a few minimum seats left but it was advertised as sold out, and I certainly didn’t see any gaps in there. It was packed! Really, that just made this little trek extra memorable. We wanted to celebrate 20 years, the original plan was to have some minor party in a cellar pub or something. But those plans escalated somewhat and next thing we know, we’re going on stage at the Albert Hall.

FC.  Besides playing Blackwater Park, how did you choose the songs?

M: Basically we wanted to make chronological set for the 2nd one. And we picked some of the more obscure songs that we hadn’t played in a long time as well as some of the songs we know are popular, like “The moor”. It’s a song that we’ve played here and there but I personally have never been quite happy with out execution, so it’s been shelved over and over again. Now we picked it up and made a real nice new version of it I think. “Advent” felt like it got a rejuvenation with this line up, but “Forest of October” sounded virtually the same as I could remember it sounded in 1992.

FC:  Many fans wanted “Black Rose immortal”…how close was it?

M: Close. I listened to the song a couple of times and just felt there were too many loose ends, too many parts I didn’t really like anymore, and it would have felt awkward playing something like that. It had been decided we’re going to play that song actually, but with the above reasons plus the fact that I don’t think a lot of people would have recognized it, or even liked it if we’d played it. We changed our minds. I think it’s a little bit of a gimmick that song. It’s “popular” because it’s our longest track, not because it’s all that great. But, I never say never. I think this line up had a tendency to breathe new life into old shit like that. We’ve done it on several occasions, so maybe it would work for this piece as well. However, “Advent” represented the “Morningrise” record better, and we all loved playing it.

FC: Were there any plans of getting ex-members to play at the anniversary-gigs?

M: Not really. There are reasons some of the past guys aren’t in the band anymore, some of which are quite delicate and it’s not a case of us calling eachother up saying “Hey buddy, haven’t talked to ya in 10 years, fancy playing an old song with us?”. I am on good terms with everyone from the past personally, but I don’t hang out with anyone other than Peter on occasion and have a very sporadic contact with Anders and Lopez. Peter had back problems on the night of the Stockholm show and couldn’t come. We didn’t really talk to any of the other guys and they didn’t call us, but we did put them all up on the guest list in case they’d drop by incognito. Some might have been there but I don’t really know.

FC: You got some critic at Cirkus for the ending…people thought that you were coming out again and waited for some 15 minutes before the lights were turned on. Comments?

M: Haha, I don’t really know. We went to the dressing room and heard everyone cheering. We’re on the verge of coming out again, but someone didn’t want to do it which is fair enough. We’d played close to 3 hours already, encores felt a bit over the top. Normally we always do an encore, but our normal set is just short of 2 hours, so there’s a difference. We didn’t even have a planned song for it as we’re set from the get go that we’d play the set without any extra songs.

FC: When can we expect the DVD to be released?

M: I have no idea. I’m going to the UK to edit the footage in a few days, and we’re already working on some of the artwork. Yet I don’t know when we’ll have it released. I’ve seen a rough cut of the first set and obviously it looks amazing. Anything would look amazing in the Royal Albert hall of course.

FC: How would you describe Opeth development over the past 20 years?

M: I think we’ve stuck to our original guns in a way. I still think you can trace todays Opeth sound right back to the first record and recognize it is the same band. Yet I’d have to say I have personally developed more of an interest in experimentation and is demanding that everyone has a open mind to what we do. That in turn requires a constant intake of new influences and development. Luckily, everyone in the band are absolute music geeks and we listen to music, discuss music, diss music, praise music more than any other band on the planet I believe. We learn from eachother. Opeth started as a band with a couple of guys with similar musical interests and ended, so to speak, with a bunch of guys with completely different musical interests, yet the fusion of our musical ideas and personalities makes it kinda swing sometimes. I mean Per is virtually a blues/rock musician, Axe started as a marching drummer, Mendez went from black metal to tango, Fredrik has been a shredder for 20 years and I’m just a bum.

FC: I´ve heard something about a soloalbum from you. If so, what can we expect and when?

M: Those rumours however true they might be are exaggerated. I said that I “wanted” to do a solo album at some point. I have absolutely no pressure on my shoulders for this and noone should expect anything anytime soon. I’m working on a few projects right now but it’s hard for me to make priorities cause I am super interested in them all. The solo thing is one of them, yes.

FC: How´s the songwriting proceeding for the new album? And when do you think it will be out?

M: It’s going “good”. I’ve written a long piece and one short piece neither of which are ready. The long one sounds good, but I think I will edit a lot of the good stuff out and just leave the amazing stuff in there. It’s getting increasingly more difficult to impress myself and my mind is just in a blur right now. I don’t know what I want it to be. The stuff that’s “keeper” stuff is however quite magnificent if I may say so myself, haha!

FC: How do you manage to keep up the high quality in your songwriting? What are your current influences?

M: By kicking my own ass and deleting, deleting. You kinda know right away whether you love something or not. You might try to fool yourself for some time. Pretending it’s “good enough”. However, “good enough” does not cut it for me. I love music too much to have it being lukewarm. It needs to be steaming hot for me. Can’t say everyone will agree, but I won’t have the Opeth logo on something that is not super-duper foxy!

FC: A Legend just died, Ronnie James Dio. What did he mean to you? Any comments?

M: He died yesterday, and I’m gutted! What can I say? It sucks! He’s been there all my life, ever since I was a child. He’s someone I feel I know much better than I really do. I met him once and it just made me love him more. I’m extremely infatuated with music and some of the people that made me realize that this is my “calling”. As for singers, RJD belonged to that school of rock that is not around anymore. They are a dying breed and I fucking hate it. I cling to them like a leech. Dio was probably one of the most important rock musicians in my life and I am extremely sad. I had to call up all my friends with similar relations to him and just get it out. I still can’t believe it, I will never accept it fully. I’ll pretend he’s still alive, and even though I know he’s gone, there’s no harm in pretending he’s still there doing whatever he’s doing.

FC: You recently closed your much appreciated MySpace-profile and all other incoming channels. Many fans feel concerned...Do we have to be worried?

M: Well, there are no reasons to worry regarding my commitment to the band or to our fans. It just got a bit out of hand and too much work for me. I felt I was spending too much time in front of the computer, taking time away from what i really should be doing which is work on music. There was a few people who just logged on to take the piss and insult me, and they are everywhere, but that's not the reason why I closed it down. It was just too much of a distraction for me. A part of me also want to rebel in small way against how web-based music has become lately. I mean, I have yet to accept the CD as a musical format, I'm still with my vinyls. Downloading and using the internet as your only platform to promote yourself is a necessary evil to me. I'm a progressive musician but very regressive when it comes to how it should be handled. Mainly because it is such an integral part of my life. I want it to be around and with the way things are going I think music as a form of expression will be watered down to shit, eurovision, tv docus and some stupid cellphone signal "hit". People are waving the "metal is bigger than that" card I guess, but metal has also been watered down and become to comfortable. I can't have it and I want to play as little part contributing to the downfall of music as possible. Even though I too am "smart" enough to realize how great of a promotion tool the internet really is. We have a few websites and they display the info needed, like shows and everything, but overall I've lost some interest in promoting the band through that forum. I just want to make sure we deliver the good in terms of the quality of our music and the packaging.

The Fan club thanks Mikael for taking the time to answer the questions and we´re wishing him and the band a great summer!
« Last Edit: 2010-05-20, 17:22:09 by Luksor »
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #233 on: 2010-06-07, 21:00:49 »
Sporym zgrzytem wydaje mi siê natomiast zaniedbanie takiej kwestii jak opisanie sk³adu nagrywaj±cego "Watershed" - wydrukowano napis "jak wy¿ej" co oznacza sk³ad z "Ghost Reveries",a chyba nie trzeba przypominaæ co dzia³o siê ze sk³adem pomiêdzy albumami. Podobnie zrobiono przy "The Roundhouse Tapes", gdzie nie zanotowano zast±pienia Lopeza przez Axe'a.
Napisa³em e-mail do redakcji "Teraz Rock" i w najnowszym czerwcowym numerze zamie¶cili ma³e sprostowanie:
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #234 on: 2010-07-17, 09:08:58 »
Rzadko zagl±dam (w³a¶ciwie wcale) do dzia³u biografii na Opeth.com, a tam poszczególni cz³onkowie formacji, oprócz najczê¶ciej s³uchanych p³yt, podaj± tak¿e ulubione Opeciane utwory (jak podejrzewam wpisy te pochodz± z okresu ukazania siê "Watershed"), a wiêc po kolei:
- Mikael Åkerfeldt: The Lotus Eater
- Martin Mendez: The Moor, Hessian Peel
- Per Wiberg: Demon Of The Fall, Blackwater Park
- Martin Axenrot: Moonlaps Vertigo, Hex Omega
- Fredrik Åkesson: Blackwater Park
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

kwarnik

• Mourner
« Reply #235 on: 2010-07-31, 08:18:19 »
W sierpniowym "Metal Hammerze" jest wywiad z Majkiem :) Nie mam niestety skanera, ale mówi m.in, ¿e koncert ze Stodo³y spokojnie móg³by umie¶ciæ w pierwszej dziesi±tce ulubionych koncertów jakie zagra³, ¿e z koncertu w Polsce w 1996 roku niewiele pamiêta, bo w trasie sporo pili ("byli¶my m³odymi dzieciakami, które by³y szczê¶liwe, ¿e s± w trasie i ¿e zespó³ w koñcu dosta³ swoj± szansê po sze¶ciu latach grania"), ¿e nie kojarzy Votum, ale z ch³opakami z Riverside spotka³ siê kilka razy i graj± bardzo fajn± muzykê :)

Callahan

• Rocket Man
« Reply #236 on: 2010-08-04, 22:53:45 »
Podobno w nowych Gitarzy¶cie jest wywiad z Mikaelem. Kto¶ posiada [móg³by podzieliæ siê skanem]?

grzes227

• Wrecking Crew!
« Reply #237 on: 2010-08-05, 01:29:35 »
Podobno w nowych Gitarzy¶cie jest wywiad z Mikaelem. Kto¶ posiada [móg³by podzieliæ siê skanem]?
Je¿eli to prawda, to jutro nabêdê ;) pewnie zeskanuje.
Edit: nie podobno tylko: Ok³adka
« Last Edit: 2010-08-05, 09:50:25 by grzes227 »
In the rays of the sun I am longing for the darkness...

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #238 on: 2010-08-10, 14:46:33 »
Zdjêcie chyba jeszcze z czasów Blackwater :D

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #239 on: 2010-08-14, 21:58:19 »
W sierpniowym "Metal Hammerze" jest wywiad z Majkiem :) Nie mam niestety skanera, ale mówi m.in, ¿e koncert ze Stodo³y spokojnie móg³by umie¶ciæ w pierwszej dziesi±tce ulubionych koncertów jakie zagra³...
Bardzo mi³a dla nas wypowied¼ :D, ale w ca³o¶ci jest jeszcze milsza, bo nie zosta³a za "uszy" wyci±gniêta przez redaktora :wink::
Quote from: Metal Hammer
MH: Wielkimi krokami nadchodzi Metal Hammer Festival, ale zanim o nim porozmawiamy powiedz, czy który¶ z wystêpów w Polsce jako¶ wybitnie utkwi³ Ci w pamiêci?
MA: Có¿, na pewno pierwszy raz, kiedy grali¶my w Spodku... Poza tym pamiêtam jeden z naszych ostatnich wystêpów, ten w Stodole w Warszawie. Wydaje mi siê, ¿e spokojnie móg³bym umie¶ciæ go w pierwszej dziesi±tce naszych ulubionych koncertów, na których zagrali¶my. Publiczno¶æ zgromadzona wtedy w klubie by³a jedn± z najlepszych, jak± kiedykolwiek mieli¶my i sam koncert by³ przez to niesamowity.
A wywiad w "Gitarzy¶cie" ciekawy.
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind