Author Topic: Dream Theater  (Read 135479 times)

0 Members i 2 Go¶ci przegl±da ten w±tek.

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
Odp: Dream Theater
« Reply #240 on: 2009-09-15, 15:28:41 »
A wiêc fizycznie namacalne (plastykowe) single to ju¿ przesz³o¶æ.
A szkoda, do tej pory mam single Slipknota z dwóch pierwszych albumów.

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #241 on: 2009-09-17, 07:39:21 »
...na Amazon.com dostêpny bêdzie "Wither" Dream Theater:
1. Wither (Album Version)
2. Wither (Piano Version)
3. Wither (JP Vocal Demo)
4. The Best Of Times (MP Vocal Demo)
Dla zainteresowanych krótkie sample.
Bardzo fajnie, nastrojowo, wysz³a "piano version" Wither. Tak siê w³a¶nie zastanawiam czy nie s³ucha mi siê jej lepiej ni¿ wersji albumowej. ;)
Seven milestones...
Under a watching autumn eye
Contorted trees are spreading forth
The message of the wind

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #242 on: 2009-11-07, 10:07:39 »
Quote from: Teraz Rock nr 11/2009
TR: Chcia³bym porozmawiaæ o kilku utworach z nowej p³yty, "Black Clouds & Silver Linings". Podoba mi siê wstêp A Nightmare To Remeinber, który  kojarzy siê z Black Sabbath. To nadal wa¿na dla was grupa?
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater): Black Sabbath? (Mike k³adzie na stole praw± nogê i pokazuje trampek z logiem Vol. 4 Black Sabbath). To jeden z moich ulubionych zespo³ów i jeden z najbardziej wp³ywowych w historii metalu. W Dream Theater nie mamy wspólnych upodobañ, ka¿dy s³ucha innej muzyki, ale ja uwielbiam Black Sabbath. Jednak gdy my¶lê o A Nightmare To Remember, przychodz± mi raczej do g³owy wspó³czesne grupy, jak Opeth albo Meshuggah.
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Blek

• KURTULA
« Reply #243 on: 2009-11-07, 11:03:05 »
(Mike k³adzie na stole praw± nogê i pokazuje trampek z logiem Vol. 4 Black Sabbath)

A na lewej nodze trampek z podobizn± Mikael Åkerfeldta.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-07, 11:09:47 by Blek »

kwarnik

• Mourner
« Reply #244 on: 2009-11-20, 17:24:55 »
Jest ju¿ teledysk do kawa³ka "Wither", mo¿na obejrzeæ na stronie Roadrunnera. Mikael te¿ siê w nim pojawia.

djdioda

• Nazgul ortografii
  • Administrator
  • Southpole chainsaw massacre
« Reply #245 on: 2009-11-20, 17:29:57 »
Jest ju¿ teledysk do kawa³ka "Wither", mo¿na obejrzeæ na stronie Roadrunnera. Mikael te¿ siê w nim pojawia.
Tutaj?  :mrgreen: :mrgreen2:

kwarnik

• Mourner
« Reply #246 on: 2009-11-20, 18:37:28 »
Tak, tam te¿   :P

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #247 on: 2010-07-05, 10:57:35 »
Quote from: Mike Portnoy
After all these years, are you still comfortable with the term ‘progressive’?
We’ve never been uncomfortable with it, even 20 years ago, when bands were trying to avoid that word like the plague, whether it’s a band like Tool or a band like Radiohead. For so many years, bands were uncomfortable with that term. Dream Theater’s never been uncomfortable with it. We’ve always embraced it and have been proud of it. There’s no denying that that’s the type of band we are. We are a progressive-metal band. We have the elements of progressive rock and heavy metal, and that’s what Dream Theater is. And we’ve always written 15-minute songs, and we’ve always had long instrumental passages. This band was formed out of the blueprints of progressive bands like Rush and Yes and Genesis, and metal bands like Maiden, Priest and Sabbath. We’ve always been proud to be a progressive band, and it’s just now that the rest of the world seems to be OK with that term. Now, all of a sudden, bands like Mastodon and The Mars Volta and Muse, suddenly now it’s cool to be progressive. For so many years it wasn’t, but we were never afraid of it ourselves. That’s why we started Progressive Nation, and that’s why I named it that. It just goes to show that the word progressive these days doesn’t mean Genesis and King Crimson. The word progressive can go into so many different avenues that range from Opeth to Porcupine Tree.

Do you think a 15-minute rock song will be under-appreciated by the average rock fan? They may look at the total time of the song and become discouraged by it?
Well, yeah. but you’re using the word “average” rock fan, so, yeah, the average rock fan doesn’t want to listen to a 15-minute song. The average movie fan doesn’t want to sit and read subtitles for two hours. We’re not aiming at the average listener. We’re aiming at someone who wants a little bit more out of their music.

So you think that ‘progressive” — that genre, that word — is much healthier as a contemporary movement?
Yeah, I’ve already name-dropped them, but look at a band like Mastodon or The Mars Volta. These bands have put out these big, long songs now, and they aren’t afraid of it. The fact of the matter is, a band like Dream Theater has never been a radio-friendly band. Or a MTV-friendly band. Or a mainstream act. We’re never going to be in the pages of Rolling Stone. That’s the way it was 25 years ago, and that’s the way it still is today. And we’re totally cool with that. We built an amazing career without that. If we wanted to be writing five-minute songs, then we can do that in a heartbeat. But that’s not what this band is about.
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #248 on: 2010-07-29, 08:36:14 »
James LaBrie - One More Time z przygotowywanej do wydania nowej solowej p³yty "Static Impulse".
Wyslano: 2010-07-28, 06:37:40
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #249 on: 2010-07-31, 00:57:06 »
Dos³ownie nic solowego Serka wcze¶niej nie s³ysza³em. Ale nie spodziewa³em siê czego¶ takiego. Bardzo mi siê podoba. My¶lê, ¿e taki utwór nadaje siê do tego aby Serka polubili Ci, których denerwuje jego styl w DT.

Voice

• Global Moderathor
  • Beware of a sharp-edged weapon called human being!
« Reply #250 on: 2010-07-31, 10:55:05 »
Ja bym powiedzial inaczej - to cos dla tych, ktorzy cenia jego spiew, ale nie moga zniesc rozbudowanych kompozycji DT.
I had watched the snow all day.
Falling. It never lets up. All day falling.
I lifted my voice and wept out loud,
"So this is life?".

MCs, CDs & DVDs

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #251 on: 2010-07-31, 12:45:24 »
Te¿ racja, ja mia³em na my¶li bardziej jego wy¿sze partie wokalne w DT.

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #252 on: 2010-08-27, 17:23:59 »
Kolejny kawa³ek z nowej solowej p³yty LaBrie: I Need You.

"Static Impulse" track listing:
01. One More Time (4:16)
02. Jekyll Or Hyde (3:46)
03. Mislead (4:18)
04. Euphoric (5:09)
05. Over The Edge (4:20)
06. I Need You (4:11)
07. Who You Think I Am (3:57)
08. I Tried (3:58)
09. Just Watch Me (4:18)
10. This Is War (4:30)
11. Superstar (3:32)
12. Coming Home (4:29)
13. Jekyll Or Hyde (demo) (3:48) *
14. Coming Home (alternate mix) (4:23) *
* Limited-edition digipak bonus tracks
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Voice

• Global Moderathor
  • Beware of a sharp-edged weapon called human being!
« Reply #253 on: 2010-09-09, 10:51:30 »
MIKE PORTNOY ODSZEDL Z DREAM THEATER!!

To all of our loyal fans and friends: It is with profound sadness -- regret -- we announce that Mike Portnoy, our lifelong drummer and friend, has decided to leave Dream Theater. Mike's stature in the band has meant the world to all of us professionally, musically, and personally over the years. There is no dispute: Mike has been a major force within this band.

While it is true that Mike is choosing to pursue other ventures and challenges, we can assure you that Dream Theater will continue to move forward with the same intensity -- and in the same musical tradition -- that you have all helped make so successful, and which is truly gratifying to us.

Fans and friends: File this episode under "Black Clouds and Silver Linings." As planned, we begin recording our newest album in January 2011, and we'll follow that with a full-on world tour. "The Spirit Carries On."

All of us in Dream Theater wholeheartedly wish Mike the best on his musical journey. We have had a long and meaningful career together. It is our true hope that he finds all he is looking for, and that he achieves the happiness he deserves. He will be missed.

Zrodlo: strona DT

Chyba najbardziej sensacyjny news tego roku...
I had watched the snow all day.
Falling. It never lets up. All day falling.
I lifted my voice and wept out loud,
"So this is life?".

MCs, CDs & DVDs

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #254 on: 2010-09-09, 11:05:36 »
Szok :shock: i ¿al :(...
Seven milestones...