21 (27.3%)
Marrow of the Earth
2 (2.6%)
Pyre
1 (1.3%)
Face in the Snow
4 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Heritage  (Read 247114 times)

0 Members i 2 Go¶ci przegl±da ten w±tek.

Voice

• Global Moderathor
  • Beware of a sharp-edged weapon called human being!
Odp: Heritage
« Reply #165 on: 2011-06-06, 20:27:25 »
albo siê robi komiks z jakim¶ ¶miesznym gagiem, albo malowan± ok³adkê w konwencji artystycznej. [...] Trochê zmarnowany potencja³, bo mog³o to byæ dzie³em sztuki, a jest dowcipem z ¼le dobranym medium do przekazu.

Wlasciwie to sie zgadzam. Tez mam wrazenie, ze mogli pojsc albo w kierunku symbolicznego obrazu, albo zrobic sobie totalne jaja :) Ale jakos dziwnie wciaz mi sie wydaje, ze to wszystko celowe bylo. Travis przyniosl okladke w wersji artystycznej, a Mike uznal "Zrobmy sobie jaja z metalowcow" i jak najbardziej mu sie udalo. Moze sie chlopak za duzo Monty Pythonow naogladal ;)

A moim zdaniem nie ma sensu dalsze ci±gniêcie tematu tego czy taka czy inna wersja tej ok³adki by³a by lepsza/gorsza.... Ok³adka jest taka i to ju¿ siê nie zmieni. Wiadomo ¿e jednym siê podoba a innym nie ale ci±gniêcie tego w±tku zaczyna byæ ju¿ troszkê ¶mieszne.... Chyba ju¿ ka¿dy wyrazi³ swoj± opiniê na ten temat i dalsze dr±¿enie tematu mija siê z celem  :>... przynajmniej ja tak uwa¿am  :)

Racja :) EOT? :D
I had watched the snow all day.
Falling. It never lets up. All day falling.
I lifted my voice and wept out loud,
"So this is life?".

MCs, CDs & DVDs

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
Seven milestones...
Under a watching autumn eye
Contorted trees are spreading forth
The message of the wind

Czarna

• ~pani zima~
« Reply #167 on: 2011-06-06, 22:19:06 »
Moim zdaniem ta ok³adka to jaki¶ ¿art :P
...If I call will you come and will you save me?

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #168 on: 2011-06-06, 22:42:59 »
Moim zdaniem ta ok³adka to jaki¶ ¿art :P
Majk to w koñcu stary ¿artowni¶. :wink:
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #169 on: 2011-06-07, 09:04:28 »
Quote from: Opeth fanclub
"God is dead." Mikael Åkerfeldt sings in a loop that rapidly falls from high to low. As the fundamental force of gravity that makes things fall to the ground. The question is not Opeth tenth studio album is a fundamental force that too, a new natural law even. How else should I describe it? What would you think of after twenty years of music writing? How would you take you and your music further if you felt a bit restless?

It is the first hot June afternoon in Stockholm and Opeth has invited mostly international, but also two representatives from the Swedish press to the legendary Atlantis Studios in Stockholm. Here history has been written, or recorded, I mean of course. The first thing I see when I walk in is the grand piano that I immediately throw myself over. Here, a few ABBA hit songs have been played. There is an old jukebox, organs and the whole interior oozes old in a way that makes someone born in the 80s wish that she was born in the 50s so she would have been young in the 70s. Mikael Åkerfeldt is striding down the stairs to greet us. Before the disc is played he announces: "We like it and that's all that counts."

Many of you will lift an eyebrow when you hear "Heritage" for the first time. Presumably, some will dislike it. But there are also many who will accept, enjoy and understand the sounds. Because you will sit there and listen, the album forces you to. And you will be familiar to you. All elements of previous Opeth are there, cast in an entirely new form, all but Michael's outstanding fat growls. However, he sings better than he ever did before. He takes great "note strides" (don't know how to translate that), stretches his vocal cords, takes the song to new heights and let go of the main tone in exactly the right places.

But that Opeth makes the album "Heritage" is not really that surprising if you think about it. It is a large, natural leap in an entirely new direction, one step to the side and forwards kind of. They have managed to combine the old with the new in a way that is difficult to access. It's the same old Opeth, although completely new. The same elements as before, but in a new way. The same musicians and the same instruments as the last time, though they play differently. They make new sounds, though it still sounds the same. Same old structure but witha a new path forward. Each instrument has its own sound, its own vibration and Opeth seizes that. Everything must be heard and take their place. This is excellence in innovation. While the last note fades out, Mikael looks in and shouts "That's it" and a round of applause breaks out but then it becomes quiet and we sit still. What happened? We heard 70's prog, folk music, free form jazz, punk, African drums, metal, choirs and keyboards, and yet it was no more strange than this?

When I talk to Åkerfeldt outside the studio, he is one of three who eagerly asks me what I thought. Some parts towards the end of the album were so dark, I got chills. Music, song titles (I feel the Dark, The Devil's Orchard, Famine ...) and the cover (a burning city, the devil and death) is indicative of a larger perspective on life and I suspect he has philosophized around one or two major issue in life. So I reply "How are you?". We throw a few ideas back and forth and he says: "It must be like this. What if there had been nothing at all? Some will hate it but it's great that someone likes it. "
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Callahan

• Rocket Man
« Reply #170 on: 2011-06-07, 12:01:56 »
Punk? African drums?! :shock:
Nie mogê siê doczekaæ! :D :D :D

Orka_Opeth

« Reply #171 on: 2011-06-07, 12:28:52 »
a dla mnie ta wypowied¼ jest nie jasna i jaka¶ taka pe³na sprzeczno¶ci.... Niby wszystko po nowemu ale jednak po staremu , niby postêp ale nie do koñca.... Zazwyczaj kiedy s³yszê co¶ takiego o nowych albumach to nie wró¿y niczego dobrego.... obym siê myli³! Ca³y czas mam g³êbok± nadziejê ¿e bêdzie dobrze i co najwa¿niejsze ( w przypadku Opeth) ciekawie! :D :twisted:
out of the courtyard, come back tonight, my sweet satan I see you.

Hieronim_Berbelek

« Reply #172 on: 2011-06-07, 16:28:50 »
A mnie martwi "song-form oriented".  :?
No justice here, No liberty
No reason, No blame
There's no cause to taint the sweetest taste of blood
And greetings from the nation
As we shake the hands of time
They're taking their ovations
The vultures stay behind

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #173 on: 2011-06-07, 23:36:31 »
W sumie, co by tam nie wypisywali to i tak czekam na album! :) Na pewno nie bêdê próbowa³ oceniaæ ani ustawiaæ siê na podstawie s³ownych przecieków. Ciekawe to wszystko co tam pisz± nie powiem, ale dopóki nie us³yszê muzyki, nie staram siê wyrabiaæ jakiegokolwiek wyimaginowanego stanowiska. I jeszcze jedno, nie mam ¿adnych oczekiwañ. Jedyne nie chcia³bym jakiej¶ obsuwy na prosty hard rock w stylu wspomnianego kilka postów wy¿ej Gingerpig, ale z tego co pisz± widzê, ¿e p³yta znowu bêdzie wielobarwna i wielowymiarowa. Kocham stary Opeth, ale te ostatnie nowsze ods³ony tak¿e uwielbiam, wiêc mam nadziejê, ¿e i tym razem siê nie zawiodê. A growl... byæ mo¿e zupe³nie nie pasuje do nowej stylistyki... Mam nadziejê, ¿e ju¿ w lipcu "wypuszcz±" zapowiadany The Devil's Orchard...
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Voice

• Global Moderathor
« Reply #174 on: 2011-06-08, 07:44:49 »

To bylo odnosnie "Damnation", nowy album wlasnie taki NIE jest ;)
"So this is life?".

MCs, CDs & DVDs

Hieronim_Berbelek

« Reply #175 on: 2011-06-08, 17:39:26 »

To bylo odnosnie "Damnation", nowy album wlasnie taki NIE jest ;)

Faktyczne, mea culpa.
No reason, No blame
The vultures stay behind

minder

• Master of Disaster
  • Administrator
  • Wokó³ sami lunatycy...
    • mindr.
« Reply #176 on: 2011-06-08, 18:35:11 »
A wracając do rozkminy okładki: jest 10 kawałków i jest 10 kwiatków na drzewie :P
Aha: a ten diabeł w korzeniach wskazuje w przeciwne strony - może chodzi o dwie twarze muzyki Opeth? Łagodną (ten po lewej) i złowieszczą (ten z prawej) - tak czy inaczej to ten sam demon :twisted:

Jeśli chodzi o ToW, to czekam na deathmetalowy cover tego utworu :)
« Last Edit: 2011-06-08, 18:38:09 by minder »
True Pagan Winter Crew

Voice

• Global Moderathor
« Reply #177 on: 2011-06-08, 20:26:56 »
Dawac tu Kozoglowego :)
"So this is life?".

MCs, CDs & DVDs

Hieronim_Berbelek

« Reply #178 on: 2011-06-08, 21:29:48 »
Nawet wsadzenie growlu do Throat of Winter by nic nie da³o, bo tego gniotu ju¿ siê nie da naprawiæ, na prawdê, jak ca³y album ma tak wygl±daæ jak ToW to przerzucê sie na discopolo.

Ale czy we¼mie siê za ToW? :P
No reason, No blame
The vultures stay behind

Kozog³owy

« Reply #179 on: 2011-06-09, 13:35:32 »
Obecny, o co siê rozchodzi?