Author Topic: The Incident  (Read 39469 times)

0 Members i 1 Go¶æ przegl±da ten w±tek.

Kekkai

• Mourner
  • kota
    • katie's wonders
Odp: Nowy album (2009)
« Reply #15 on: 2009-01-13, 01:29:46 »
Przecie¿ wiadomo, ¿e PT skoñczyli siê na Woja¿u, przykro mi :] ;).
Niech Ciê wody termalne poch³on±!

No a nie? Pierwsze p³yty Porków by³y darem niebios, po Woja¿u to ju¿ tylko smêtne pitu-pitu, któremu czasem zdarza siê, ¿e jest ³adne :P. <prowokacja off>

Mnie Voja¿ tak rozdra¿ni³ ¿e polecia³ z dusku, a rzadko to robiê, nawet Ephel Duath nie skasowa³am.

Edit: znów. mo¿e zagram w totka i bêdê mia³a takie samo szczê¶cie jak do nowych stron? :)

Kas

• Glücksbringerin
  • Global Moderathor
« Reply #16 on: 2009-01-13, 09:11:31 »
Mnie Voja¿ tak rozdra¿ni³ ¿e polecia³ z dusku, a rzadko to robiê, nawet Ephel Duath nie skasowa³am.
£adnie. I czym siê teraz bêdziesz lansowaæ? Wiadomo przecie¿, ¿e najlepszy lans, to na s³uchanie czego¶ nies³uchalnego* :P (zw³aszcza na tym forum)

*albo czego¶, o czym nikt nie s³ysza³ i nie wiadomo, czy takie co¶ w ogóle istnieje; zawarto¶æ nawiasu jak wy¿ej

EOT?

Paulus

• Brudny Harry Winston
« Reply #17 on: 2009-01-13, 09:23:00 »
Voja¿ fajny jest, ale je¶li to ma byæ koniec, to kiep¶ciutki.

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #18 on: 2009-03-24, 12:52:15 »
Nie¼le, Dream Theater na czerwiec, Porcupine Tree na wrzesieñ ;)

Orka_Opeth

« Reply #19 on: 2009-03-25, 19:55:13 »
Jestem bardzo ciekaw co poka¿± ch³opaki z PT i DT  :D
out of the courtyard, come back tonight, my sweet satan I see you.

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
Odp: The Incident
« Reply #21 on: 2009-06-13, 23:19:30 »
Mnie interesuje cover, ciekaw jestem czy siê Lasse znowu wyka¿e.

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Last Edit: 2009-06-17, 18:49:31 by Luksor »
Seven milestones...
Under a watching autumn eye
Contorted trees are spreading forth
The message of the wind

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #23 on: 2009-06-17, 20:13:51 »

Zdo³owa³bym siê gdyby to siê okaza³o pó¼niej rzeczywist± ok³adk± albumu :D

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #24 on: 2009-06-18, 23:45:52 »
Wszystko na to wskazuje, ¿e taka w³a¶nie bêdzie ok³adka, taka jest w³a¶nie umieszczana w sieci (w dwu wersjach -¼ród³a: Wikipedia, porcupinetree.pl)

Kolejne szczegó³y albumu:
Quote from: porcupinetree.pl
Tytu³owy cykl utworów sk³ada³ siê bêdzie z 14 czê¶ci:
Occam's Razor 1:55
The Blind House 5:47
Great Expectations 1:26
Kneel and Disconnect 2:03
Drawing the Line 4:43
The Incident 5:20
Your Unpleasant Family 1:48
The Yellow Windows of the Evening Train 2:00
Time Flies 11:40
Degree Zero of Liberty 1:45
Octane Twisted 5:03
The Séance 2:39
Circle of Manias 2:18
I Drive the Hearse 6:41
Wszystkie czê¶ci napisa³ SW, z wyj±tkiem Octane Twisted i Circle of Manias, które stworzy³ ca³y zespó³. Utwory z drugiej p³yty to równie¿ kompozycje grupowe, które powsta³y w grudniu zesz³ego roku podczas wspólnych sesji.

Wyslano: 2009-06-18, 23:11:27
Podobnie jak to by³o w przypadku "Watershed" Opeth czy "Black Clouds & Silver Linings" Dream Theater, identycznie w przypadku nowej p³yty Porków na miêdzynarodowym forum PT zamieszczone zosta³y opisy utworów przez kogo¶, kto ju¿ s³ysza³ ten album:
Quote from: www.porcupinetree.pl/forum
Of the tracks I remember specifically, Time Flies (which I mentioned is very Floydian, but still very much a PT sounding track) was probably the most immediately memorable. It's not uber proggy, but it does reference Dogs and Time liberally (and bits of Run Like Hell and Sheep as well), but still sounds very contemporary and cool !!!! Steven told me this piece was specifically inspired by his childhood/growing up etc.

The Blind House was pretty immediate as well, retro PT acoustic references, harmonies, with some very heavy sustained guitar histrionics as well.

Circle of Manias is the real powerhouse riff monster (along with Octane Twisted if memory serves me right) with tons of Meshuggah-like riffs clashing and crashing along in a torrent of angular time changes and odd meters. This has a similar vibe to Mother and Child Divided, but is much heavier and more angular and f**ked up... Oh, yeah, on this one, SW plays a new Baritone guitar that PRS made for him exclusively !

Drive the Hearse was actually a surprise, as I expected it to be dark and heavy to coincide with the lyrics and song title, but it's not. It's more "song oriented" with a memorable chorus and some really lovely acoustic moments backed with some spooky/eerie synth textures and a soaring solo fade out...

The other track that really got my attention was The Incident, which is, well crushingly funky (as in heavy electronica funk), this song is twisted and really will kick ass live I am betting... Lot's of weird synthy textures and if I had to point to any specific reference point it would be Sleep Together, but without all the strings. This track is more streamlined and stealthy...

Only one major disconnect for me that stood out from the listening session, and that was Drawing the Line. This might be the first PT song I can honestly say I immediately did NOT like much at all right away... Not digging the chorus at all and actually felt uncomfortable listening to it, which was a weird experience. It may grow on me , but somehow I doubt it... Please don't let my opinion cloud yours though when you finally get and opportunity to check it out !

Again, I think this is definitely a situation where it's going to take a few listens for me to fully wrap my head around and appreciate what is going on in this new release... I will say this though, it was my impression that this music was definitely inspired by and influenced by SW's experiences making Insurgentes. I can't put my finger on it, but I had a distinct feeling that Insurgentes had a profound effect on his writing for this new PT project. Perhaps it's just me, but we shall see....

Occam's, The Yellow Windows, Degree Zero, most of Octane Twisted, and Circle of Manias are all intrustumentals. Yep quite a bit of solo guitar, many understated and sublime, and no on the Flute !

No guest musicians either by the way before it's asked, although a note about additional guitar recording at Red Room Recorders by Wes.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-19, 08:51:29 by Luksor »
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #25 on: 2009-06-19, 12:00:22 »
What a fail...

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #26 on: 2009-06-19, 12:36:38 »
Sama ok³adka wpisuje siê w stylistykê "Fear of a Blank Planet". Z tych opisów z miêdzynarodowego forum Porków wychodzi, ¿e album bêdzie tak¿e stylistycznie zbli¿ony do poprzedniego, co mi akurat nie przeszkadza, bo chêtnie do niego wracam.
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #27 on: 2009-06-19, 14:10:53 »
Sama ok³adka imo jest bez wyrazu.

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #28 on: 2009-06-20, 11:19:52 »

Powy¿sza ok³adka potwierdzona przez oficjaln± stronê Porcupine Tree. Zgadzam siê z Mrów± - s³aba.
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Kea

• she-wolf
« Reply #29 on: 2009-06-20, 20:39:09 »
ok³adka jest spoko, tylko ten font z dupy..
Bogowie i diab³y nigdy nie istnieli. Istnieli za to ludzie, których w nich obrócono i uwiêziono w nadprzyrodzonych inkarnacjach.......