Author Topic: Opeth's 20th-Anniversary Mini-Tour  (Read 39789 times)

0 Members i 1 Go¶æ przegl±da ten w±tek.

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
Opeth's 20th-Anniversary Mini-Tour
« on: 2009-12-04, 11:47:15 »
Quote from: Opeth.com
Sweden's OPETH, easily one of the most revered and respected bands in the metal scene and beyond for the past two decades, will commemorate its twentieth anniversary in spring 2010 with six exclusive shows that will take place across the globe in Stockholm, Sweden; Essen, Germany; Paris, France; London, U.K.; New York City and Los Angeles.

Commented frontman Mikael Åkerfeldt: "I can't believe it, but...fuck...we're celebrating 20 years!! 20 years I've been in this band, ever since I was 16! It's insane! As far as I remember, we've never had a release party, never celebrated anything officially. Well, now is the time, you hear?

"We've set up a string of shows, six of them actually, around the world. To say that they will be super-exclusive is beyond an understatement!

"We've discussed the setlist already and it seems like we'll pull out a few songs we've never played before, some of which fans all over the world have been demanding to hear for years and years. Our main agenda for these shows is to have 'fun' whilst trying to blow your fucking minds. You could say business as usual, but really…it'll be special, trust me!

"I can't stress enough how exclusive this will be! We will not add any more shows on top of the six that we've confirmed already, so please make up your mind early on whether you wanna go or not (of course you fucking do!) as I would assume there's quite a few of our fans that might be interested in seeing a thing like this.

"We'll spend the better part of January-March rehearsing for this. All to make YOU fucking happy! OK, we'll be tight, very tight indeed… come see us! It's a celebration!"

At each show, OPETH will perform two sets. The first set will feature the band playing its breakthrough epic "Blackwater Park" in its entirety. The second set will consist of mixed material from the band's extensive catalog. The band will be playing for over two hours at carefully selected venues in order to achieve an element of intimacy and exclusivity, and an overall "You had to be there" vibe!

The venues include the famed and prestigious Royal Albert Hall in London, as well as the luxurious Lichtburg in Essen, the oldest fully seated cinema in Germany.

The band will offer exclusive VIP ticket packages to all shows which include a laminated VIP pass exclusive to each show, access to sound check, a meet-and-greet with OPETH, a t-shirt exclusive to that particular show, a signed tour program and a special edition CD/DVD of "Blackwater Park", with a 5.1 mix and a 30-minute, never-before-seen documentary all nicely packaged in a hard cover digipack designed by artist Travis Smith. The special edition will be released in March 2010 through Sony Music. All the OPETH loot will be included in an OPETH rucksack. The VIP laminate will also allow early access to venues without seat allocation so that VIP's can get the best seats in the house.

Below are the dates and venues.

Mar. 30 - Cirkus - Stockholm, Sweden
Apr. 01 - Lichtburg - Essen, Germany
Apr. 03 - Bataclan - Paris, France
Apr. 05 - Royal Albert Hall - London, UK
Apr. 07 - Terminal 5 - New York, NY
Apr. 09 - The Wiltern - Los Angeles, CA

Niestety o Polsce nie ma ani s³owa... :?
« Last Edit: 2009-12-04, 12:24:08 by Luksor »
Seven milestones...
Under a watching autumn eye
Contorted trees are spreading forth
The message of the wind

Enter_the_Chicken

Odp: Opeth's 20th-Anniversary Mini-Tour
« Reply #1 on: 2009-12-04, 13:05:41 »
Paris, Paris, Paris.... j'arrive

my¶lê, ¿e mo¿na by zorganizowaæ zak³ady czy zagraj± Black Rose Immortal

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #2 on: 2009-12-04, 16:29:48 »
A oto Opeciany plecaczek, o którym mowa w newsie:
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Serenity Painted Death

« Reply #3 on: 2009-12-04, 17:04:38 »
A podobno w 2010 mieli sobie zrobiæ przerwê w koncertowaniu... Nie tak dawno o tym czyta³em. W ka¿dym razie bêdzie z tego DVD? No i je¶li podczas tych koncertów nie zagraj± BRI, to ju¿ nie zagraj± chyba nigdy.
Najwiêksz± zalet± cz³owieka jest to, ¿e potrafi my¶leæ.
Szkoda tylko, ¿e jest to tak¿e jego najwiêksza wada.

grzes227

• Wrecking Crew!
« Reply #4 on: 2009-12-05, 10:55:17 »
¦wietnie... O Polce nic... Tak ³adnie im w Stodole "100 lat" za¶piewano, a oni sobie takie jaja robi±? :(
In the rays of the sun I am longing for the darkness...

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #5 on: 2009-12-05, 12:07:54 »
O Polce nic...
Widocznie ¿adna Polka nie wpad³a im w oko. :wink:

Tak ³adnie im w Stodole "100 lat" za¶piewano, a oni sobie takie jaja robi±? :(
a Mike potem napisa³ w swoim blogu:
Quote from: Mikael Åkerfeldt
After Norway we came back home for one (!) day, and then we had to fly to Poland for a sold out show in Warszawa. I'm in my room at the Sheraton here as I'm typing this and we played last night. Amazing! One of the best crowds we've had. It was a little bit of a magic show to us. Thank YOU Warszawa!!!
Szkoda, ¿e nie przyjad±. :smutek:

Edit: a tak btw. Minder szkoda, ¿e news zwi±zany z mini-tras± i now± edycj± BWP z miksem 5.1 do tej pory nie zosta³ zamieszczony na stronie g³ównej Opeth.pl - na polskich stronach mo¿na ju¿ o tym poczytaæ np. w Ma³ym Leksykonie Wielkich Zespo³ów.
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Wujek

« Reply #6 on: 2009-12-05, 12:09:32 »
A na koncert do Essen raczej trudno siê wybraæ, bo po drugiej stronie kraju i do tego w ¶rodku tygodnia. Ech.
Palenie tytoniu cewk± moczow± powoduje raka prostaty.

Kas

• Glücksbringerin
  • Global Moderathor
« Reply #7 on: 2009-12-05, 13:07:25 »
Tak ³adnie im w Stodole "100 lat" za¶piewano, a oni sobie takie jaja robi±? :(
a Mike potem napisa³ w swoim blogu:
Quote from: Mikael Åkerfeldt
After Norway we came back home for one (!) day, and then we had to fly to Poland for a sold out show in Warszawa. I'm in my room at the Sheraton here as I'm typing this and we played last night. Amazing! One of the best crowds we've had. It was a little bit of a magic show to us. Thank YOU Warszawa!!!
Szkoda, ¿e nie przyjad±. :smutek:
Za 10 lat przyjad±, nie ma co siê martwiæ. :P

A na koncert do Essen raczej trudno siê wybraæ, bo po drugiej stronie kraju i do tego w ¶rodku tygodnia. Ech.
Do Sztokholmu i Pary¿a ³atwo siê wybraæ. I do¶æ tanio, je¶li wycieczka obejmowa³aby tylko przylot, koncert i powrót :P

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #8 on: 2009-12-05, 13:12:47 »
Do Sztokholmu i Pary¿a ³atwo siê wybraæ. I do¶æ tanio, je¶li wycieczka obejmowa³aby tylko przylot, koncert i powrót :P
Je¿eli kto¶ by³by zainteresowany, to mo¿na ju¿ zamawiaæ bilet w przedsprzeda¿y (tutaj).

Edit: doczyta³em, ten link jest do biletów VIP-owskich. Je¿eli by³by potrzebny jeszcze jaki¶ login i has³o, to mo¿na je otrzymaæ za po¶rednictwem "subskrypcji". :wink: Ja siê nie wybiorê, bo nie bêdê mia³ kasy...
« Last Edit: 2009-12-05, 13:40:57 by Luksor »
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #9 on: 2009-12-05, 13:50:39 »
Strona g³ówna kuleje.

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #10 on: 2009-12-06, 10:20:25 »
Quote from: Opeth.com
Perhaps you've already heard the news that we're celebrating the 20th anniversary of our band with 6 very special shows next year and we'd hereby like to offer you, our beloved fan the first chance to get VIP packages for each of these shows.
We've got some pretty cool stuff lined up for this such as a sweet looking laminated VIP pass which will allow you to come in early in the day so you can watch how we sound check (which is actually boring as hell but we figured you'd might like to see how these things work). Sound check usually starts around 4pm-ish. Then we'll take you back stage for a meet n greet with all of us, splitting you up in groups so you can be sure you'll get some proper one on one time to fire off some questions you've always wanted to ask or just get some stuff signed.
At some venues you’ll be asked to leave after the meet n greet (for security reasons set by the venues which are beyond our control) until doors open again and at some venues you’ll be able to stay and wait until the show starts. If you’re at one of the venues where you’ll be asked to leave we’ve arranged that anyone who can show a VIP pass at the door can get into the venue again at least ten minutes before the doors open to the standard ticket holders so you’ll be guaranteed of a short cue at the wardrobe and you can calmly head off to stand or sit wherever you like.
The Lichtburg venue in Essen will be quite special as it’s a completely seated venue. We’ve reserved the first two rows of the balcony for our VIP’s at this one so you’re still close enough to see our nose hair but far enough for not having to smell our breath. (and that’s a good thing, trust me!)
At the venue you’ll also get a nice Opeth rucksack which will be filled with a Ltd. Edition t-shirt, unique to each show, a signed tour programme and a copy of the /Blackwater Park/ special edition CD/DVD/ /which includes a 5.1 mix and a 30-minute, never-before-seen documentary, all nicely packaged in a hard cover digipack (to be released end of March via Sony Music so don’t buy it already if it’s out before the show!)
That just about sums it up for now. We’ll be playing the Blackwater Park album in its entirety followed by another set which will include songs we’ve rarely or never played live before. All in all more than two hours of Opeth. Exciting times for our band and we hope that you’ll be there to share it with us!

Tour dates:
March 30th – Cirkus – Stockholm, Sweden
April 1st – Lichtburg – Essen, Germany
April 3rd – Bataclan – Paris, France
April 5th – Royal Albert Hall – London, UK
April 7th – Terminal 5 – New York, NY
April 9th – The Wiltern – Los Angeles, CA

The VIP tickets are exclusively available though the Omerch webstores:
For the European shows go to: http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/opeth/ and click on “Tickets Pre-order”
For the US shows go to: http://www.omerch.com/Opeth/ and click on “Tickets”
(Standard tickets for the Royal Albert Hall and the NYC and LA dates will also available through these links. Public on-sale for ALL dates will be Monday, Dec 7th through the normal ticket channels)
Login is: opeth
Password is: tickets

See you at the show!

Opeth

Pojecha³oby siê... :marzenie:
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

benighted

• STILL LIFE
« Reply #11 on: 2009-12-13, 19:04:50 »
No to jeszcze raz, tym razem w poprawnym watku. Wybieram sie na paryski koncert 3 kwietnia. Bilet mam juz kupiony, takze jezeli ktos jest chetny na wspolna wyprawe - czekam na odzew.
True Pagan Winter Crew

minder

• Master of Disaster
  • Administrator
  • Wokó³ sami lunatycy...
    • mindr.
« Reply #12 on: 2009-12-16, 00:05:03 »
D¿izusku¼wamaæmegaturbomasakra :shock:
Chcê VIPowski bilet pod choinkê XD

A jak nie zagraj± Black Rose Immortal, to naprawdê bêdzie ³yso. Jestem w stanie uwierzyæ, ¿e przez te wszystkie lata kisili ten kawa³ek na tê w³a¶nie okazjê. No chyba, ¿e chc± co¶ zostawiæ na 30-lecie :P
True Pagan Winter Crew

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #13 on: 2009-12-17, 08:07:26 »
D¿izusku¼wamaæmegaturbomasakra :shock:
Chcê VIPowski bilet pod choinkê XD
Je¿eli jeste¶ na niego zdecydowany, to musisz siê pospieszyæ, bo obecnie dostêpne s± jeszcze na koncert w Sztokholmie i Pary¿u.
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

ozeh

• Mourner
    • OZEH - aplikacje w ¶rodowisku Microsoft Excel
« Reply #14 on: 2009-12-17, 20:41:13 »
A ja siê zastanawiam czy nie wybraæ siê do Essen, chocia¿ g³ówny warunek to, czy kto¶ jeszcze wyrazi³by tak± chêæ, a najlepiej kilka osób. Z drugiej strony, w tym samym dniu co koncert w Niemczech, jest Katatonia w Polsce. Ten koncert Opeth to niepowtarzalna setlista. :mrgreen:
"Patrzcie, jeszcze jeden anio³. Masz, ³ap harfê i zacznij ¶piewaæ hosanny."