21 (27.3%)
Marrow of the Earth
2 (2.6%)
Pyre
1 (1.3%)
Face in the Snow
4 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Heritage  (Read 246959 times)

0 Members i 1 Go¶æ przegl±da ten w±tek.

witchking

Heritage
« on: 2010-12-03, 12:21:12 »
That's right! Opeth will start the recording of their 10th album on the 31st January 2011. The band has picked the legendary Atlantis studios (ex Metronome studios) in Stockholm and will once again work with Jens Bogren engineering. Mixing duties will be handled by Steven Wilson (Porcupine tree). Possible release worldwide in the fall of 2011, through Roadrunner Records.

Cytat z facebooka. Wilson bêdzie miksowa³! Trochê d³ugo trzeba bêdzie czekaæ...
« Last Edit: 2011-05-25, 18:37:38 by Unas »

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
Odp: Nowy Album !
« Reply #1 on: 2010-12-03, 12:48:43 »
¦wietna wiadomo¶æ! :) Wiadomo¶æ potwierdzona na oficjalnej stronie Opeth.
Seven milestones...
Under a watching autumn eye
Contorted trees are spreading forth
The message of the wind

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #2 on: 2010-12-03, 14:22:06 »
Nowy materia³ opisuj± jako dobry, no ekstra :D

Callahan

• Rocket Man
« Reply #3 on: 2010-12-03, 15:05:37 »
Super! To ju¿ nieca³y rok :D A ju¿ w lutym bêdzie mo¿na obserwowaæ wie¶ci ze studia :mrgreen: I Wilson na dodatek w tym wszystkim, ¶wietnie :D

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #4 on: 2010-12-03, 15:24:25 »
Tak sobie imaginujê, ¿e ten nowy album w jakim¶ sensie bêdzie nawi±zywa³ do stylistyki "Blackwater Park".
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

Hieronim_Berbelek

« Reply #5 on: 2010-12-03, 15:46:12 »
Trochê mnie uspokoili t± informacj±, bo s±dzi³em, ¿e Mike oleje nowego Opetha na kilka lat (solowy album, Storm Corrosion) :) Jako ¿e od strony technicznej nad p³yta bêd± pracowaæ Borgen i Wilson, to chyba o jako¶æ d¼wiêkow± mo¿na byæ spokojnym :D
No justice here, No liberty
No reason, No blame
There's no cause to taint the sweetest taste of blood
And greetings from the nation
As we shake the hands of time
They're taking their ovations
The vultures stay behind

Callahan

• Rocket Man
« Reply #6 on: 2010-12-03, 19:18:45 »
W³a¶nie to bardzo pocieszaj±ce, ¿e jednak nie bêdzie siê bawi³ sam w producenta, bo Watershed brzmieniowo pozostawia³ sporo do ¿yczenia. A tak mam nadziejê, ¿e mo¿emy liczyæ na co¶ bli¿szego BWP i GR :D By³oby pysznie. :D
No i mam nadziejê, ¿e swoje smêty pozostawi na solowy album, a tutaj poka¿e konkrety. :)

witchking

« Reply #7 on: 2010-12-03, 19:41:19 »
Tak sobie imaginujê, ¿e ten nowy album w jakim¶ sensie bêdzie nawi±zywa³ do stylistyki "Blackwater Park".

Te¿ mi siê od razu skojarzy³o z BWP. Mam nadzieje ¿e to bêdzie równie genialne, ju¿ Steve dopilnuje ¿eby wszystko by³o cacy.

Hieronim_Berbelek

« Reply #8 on: 2010-12-03, 20:11:52 »
No i mam nadziejê, ¿e swoje smêty pozostawi na solowy album, a tutaj poka¿e konkrety. :)

Fakt, na Watershed za ma³o miêcha by³o, miejmy nadzieje, ¿e Mike wnioski jednak wyci±gnie
No justice here, No liberty
No reason, No blame
There's no cause to taint the sweetest taste of blood
And greetings from the nation
As we shake the hands of time
They're taking their ovations
The vultures stay behind

Voice

• Global Moderathor
  • Beware of a sharp-edged weapon called human being!
« Reply #9 on: 2010-12-03, 23:19:03 »
A ja mam nadzieje, ze Opeth nagra zaskakujaca plyte - pod jakimkolwiek wzgledem. No i fajnie by bylo, jakby Wilson znowy cos po sobie zostawil (chocby taka krotka wstawke jak w 'The Leper Affinity').
I had watched the snow all day.
Falling. It never lets up. All day falling.
I lifted my voice and wept out loud,
"So this is life?".

MCs, CDs & DVDs

Unas

• Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate...
  • Global Moderathor
  • Zajebisty gawron jest zajebisty
« Reply #10 on: 2010-12-04, 01:14:19 »
Wiem, ¿e to prymitywne stwierdzenie, ale... jaram siê w opór. :mrgreen:
[under construction]

wooy

• Mourner
    • Lurk Moar
« Reply #11 on: 2010-12-13, 00:59:05 »
no to ju¿ znam zwyciêzce w konkursie na najbardziej oczekiwan± p³ytê roku 2011...
„Bo ludzie zamienili siê w nijakie miernoty, których wegetacj± nie wstrz±saj± ¿adne impulsy woli” Fryderyk Nietsche

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"

:Wreath:

• grumpy forum user
« Reply #12 on: 2010-12-13, 17:12:34 »
wow, jak ja przeoczy³em ten w±tek i to jeszcze na forum Opeth.. tak czy siak, ¶wietne wie¶ci! Zw³aszcza cieszy mnie obecno¶æ Wilsona bo miêdzy nim i zespo³em zdecydowanie by³a chemia.. Co poniektórzy mog± mnie wykln±æ, ale w moim mniemaniu najlepszym albumem jaki nagra³ Wilson pozostaje póki co BWP :P

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #13 on: 2010-12-17, 11:47:27 »
Quote from: Opeth Fan Club
FC: Recently we heard that you going into the studio early next year. Are all the songs written?
Mike: Pretty much. I have 11 songs done, and Fredrik is working on 2 I believe. We´ll record everything but perhaps leave som stuff off the record. We´re going into Atlantis studios in Stockholm. Same place where we did "Soldier of fortune", the Purple cover. It´s a legendary place where Abba recorded all their records up til 1979.

FC: In an interview in Sweden rock magazine you said that you are tired of the image of yourself and Opeth and that the next record will surprise a few...can you explain a bit more?
Mike: Yes I guess so. I´m tired of the shallowness of metal musicians. I want to show that we´re something more than that, which we´ve always been to some extent. I don´t want Opeth lumped togheter with any of those other bands. I think most of it is horrible these days. New records from professional bands sounds like bloodless unmusical crap to me. It´s not even metal. Might have all the ingredients, like the distortion, the heaviness, the screams, but it´s not "metal" really. Our record will have some heavier moments but calling it a metal release would probably be misleading. But the music has an energy, nerve and playfulness that I personally have been missing in the music scene of today. I know my tastes in music is pretty extreme and very diverse and a lot of metal fans probably won´t understand what the hell I´m on about...but, well, I started this band, and became a musician because I wanted to do what I loved doing. My music is not going to make me it´s prisoner. I feel in my heart I want us to take this direction now, it feels obvious and "right". I´ve tried to guide the band on those impulses throughout our career and so far it´s been pretty decent. To me the new music sounds like the very essence of Opeth, but that´s pretty confusing to say I guess, cause everyone has a (different) opinion what that is exactly. To put it like this, it´s this record or nothing.

FC: Where do you get your inspiration regarding your songwriting at the moment? We all know you love "older" music from the late 60´s and early 70´s.
Mike: Yes, that´s what I listen to and love. Right now it´s The Moody blues and a record called "To our children´s children´s children". It´s got a magic feel to it. Lots of Pink Floyd as well, especially the psychedlic era. Some straight rock like Bad Company and anything with Paul Rodgers. Lots of early Alice Cooper, his first 2 records right now. I constantly have music playing so it´s everchanging.
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

mrówa

• Mourner
  • Drummer
    • Whiterose
« Reply #14 on: 2010-12-17, 12:39:55 »
Po ca³ym wywiadzie dochodzê do wniosku, ¿e jest znudzony metalem jak Stefan.