Author Topic: Dead End Kings  (Read 47284 times)

0 Members i 1 Go¶æ przegl±da ten w±tek.

Hieronim_Berbelek

Dead End Kings
« on: 2012-02-02, 13:32:02 »
Na stronie oficjalnej zamieszczono news o rozpoczêciu sesji do nowej p³yty. To oznacza, ¿e Katatonia dalej utrzyma siê w trzyletniej dyscyplinie :P Ma byæ rozwiniêcie klimatów z NITND i bezgatunkowo.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-28, 22:50:16 by Unas »
No justice here, No liberty
No reason, No blame
There's no cause to taint the sweetest taste of blood
And greetings from the nation
As we shake the hands of time
They're taking their ovations
The vultures stay behind

Kekkai

• Mourner
  • kota
    • katie's wonders
Odp: Nowy album
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-02, 19:44:55 »
 [-o&lt; :jupi: :jupi: :jupi: \:D/ :serduszka: =D :wyszczerz: <szaleje z rado¶ci>

Orka_Opeth

out of the courtyard, come back tonight, my sweet satan I see you.

Unas

• Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate...
  • Global Moderathor
  • Zajebisty gawron jest zajebisty
« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-02, 23:06:08 »
To nic o nowy albumie, ale trochê podgrzewa atmosferê.

Najfajniejszy cover Katatonii jaki w ¿yciu s³ysza³em
[under construction]

:Wreath:

• grumpy forum user
« Reply #4 on: 2012-05-03, 10:51:05 »

hmm jako¶ mnie nie rozgrza³.. a na dodatek przez niego zda³em sobie sprawê z tego jak wiele kawa³ków Katatonii brzmi bli¼niaczo podobnie.. dobrze, ¿e ostatnia p³yta jako¶ siê wybi³a i daje nadziejê na przysz³o¶æ

Kekkai

• Mourner
  • kota
    • katie's wonders
« Reply #5 on: 2012-05-05, 14:24:58 »

Dobre. Chyba momentami lepiej wy¶piewanie ni¿ zrobi³ to Jonas. Choæ w przypadku tamtych albumów to nie by³o trudne do osi±gniêcia.

Macbeth

• i'm stuck between.
« Reply #7 on: 2012-05-13, 09:32:43 »
Mi jest ciê¿ko podej¶æ do tego kawa³ka, a nawet do zespo³u Shining od strony czysto muzycznej. Byli zachwyceni zdjêciami/grafikami mojej kole¿anki - jej prace mo¿ecie podziwiaæ na p³ycie [wreath] - i wybrali sobie jedno, które mia³o pojawiæ siê na tym albumie, koszulkach etc. Byli bardzo mili dopóki nie spyta³a o ewentualn± gratyfikacjê :shock:

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #8 on: 2012-05-14, 07:55:27 »
Grupa KATATONIA ujawni³a tytu³ swojego nowego albumu. Kr±¿ek, który uka¿e siê we wrze¶niu nak³adem Peaceville Records bêdzie siê nazywa³ "Born From Nothing". P³yta by³a nagrywana w trakcie dwumiesiêcznej sesji w sztokholmskim studio Ghost Ward oraz w nienazwanym jeszcze nowym studio nale¿±cym do zespo³u.

Z tym tytu³em "Born From Nothing" to podobno nie do koñca tak jest... :wink::
Quote from: blabbermouth.net
KATATONIA has released the following statement regarding the report in the current issue of Decibel magazine in which "Born From Nothing" is listed as the band's new album title:

"It seems someone got their April Fool's date mixed up a month too late as they claimed 'Born From Nothing' is confirmed to be the new KATATONIA album title. We can  deny this is not the new album title and none of us ever claimed it to be. What this title actually comes from is simply a web banner for 4 limited shirts we've been doing this spring and that's all there is to that.

"BUT...

"The good news is that the actual confirmed official album title will be revealed at the end of this month, and we advise you to keep checking KATATONIA's Facebook page from now on as the title will actually slowly emerge there in puzzle pieces and some of your might make it out before others do."

I trochê wiadomo¶ci o nowej p³ycie:
Quote from: blabbermouth.net
In a recent interview with Loud TV (audio available below), Nyström stated about the overall musical direction of the band's new CD, "The new album, it will, first of all, have 11 or 13 songs — we haven't decided if we're putting all of them or not on there. I think there's been some discussions that a few editions are gonna have all the tracks, a few editions are gonna have 11 tracks. So that's a little bit up to the label yet. But as far as all those 13 tracks go, first of all, it sounds definitely like KATATONIA; it's a KATATONIA album — solely KATATONIA album. The difference this time is that we maybe even pushed the differences even further. If you compare some of the songs, they could be almost in difference categories of genres, but the interesting thing here is that we have managed with our sound and the production and our performances to make it sound like it's not that far apart; it sounds like it's the same band. But if we would give the songs to some other band, it would sound very, very different. So I'm really happy with that. It was a big challenge. Like, for instance, you could have a song that is going totally off into this singer-songwriter territory, and you could have another song that goes into one of the most aggressive, heavy songs we've ever done, but when I listen to those both songs back to back, I can hear it's the same band doing [them]."

When asked if the new KATATONIA album is the kind of record that will take several airings to really register with the listener, Nyström asid, "Yes. It might be even more like that this time [than in the past], probably, which is a good thing. I was nervous in the beginning and a little bit insecure with how we were gonna pull this album off and what people were gonna think and everything, but now I have this total calm about it; I am totally positive and confident that we have made the album that we needed to do and also what people expect from us. It might take a few listenings to get into the whole thing, but that will stay longer in your listening collection — you will not get tired of it in the first place; I am totally sure of it."

Regarding the upcoming CD's cover artwork — which is once again being created by Travis Smith of Seempieces (OPETH, DEVIN TOWNSEND) — Nyström said, "It's also gonna be a little bit different. It's actually a really big piece that we're splitting into four, and one of those four is gonna be on the cover. So there will be more to it than what you see first. I don't want to describe too much what's on it yet — you're gonna see that when it's [unveiled] pretty soon — but we're changing the color theme this time. We have been doing the black and the red for a long time now, and we're going totally the opposite and we're doing, actually… The basic color is, actually, white on the new one, but it's not solid white — it's like shades of frost whites and a little bit grey and mixed with black."

On the topic of the lyrical themes cover on the new KATATONIA album, Nyström said, "The lyrics are, actually, a mixture of trying to be as direct and easy as possible but also remaining a very cryptic feel at the same time, which is a very cool paradox. We're not trying to make it too complicated, but it might be… I mean, the words aren't too complicated, but the meaning of the songs is encrypted. And that we are very eager to see how people will react to and how they will define the meanings of these lyrics. 'Cause they're easy to read, easy to access, but the meaning itself might not be that easy [to decipher]."
Seven milestones...
Under a watching autumn eye
Contorted trees are spreading forth
The message of the wind

Unas

• Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate...
  • Global Moderathor
  • Zajebisty gawron jest zajebisty
« Reply #9 on: 2012-05-28, 22:49:59 »
INFO

Ciekawe z jakim innym albumem Katatonii skojarzy wam siê ta ok³adka? :mrgreen: Zmieniam tytu³ tematu.
[under construction]

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
Odp: Dead End Kings
« Reply #10 on: 2012-05-29, 07:39:07 »
Ogromnie jestem ciekaw tej p³yty... W³a¶ciwie mogê j± dodaæ do wydawnictw oczekiwanych w tym roku. Tytu³ niczym "Wars of the Roses", a ok³adka taka ¶rednia imho... :wink:

Ciekawe z jakim innym albumem Katatonii skojarzy wam siê ta ok³adka?

Nowa ok³adka:

jest dla mnie jakby skrzy¿owaniem "Brave Murder Day" z "Viva Emptiness":

choæ muzycznie ma to byæ kontynuacja "Night is the New Day" z nowymi elementami.
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

:Wreath:

• grumpy forum user
« Reply #11 on: 2012-05-29, 09:29:14 »
oj bardzo ¶rednia ta ok³adka.. takie w stylu "everything is death and darkness" - po tylu latach ch³opaki mogli zrobiæ co¶ bardziej oryginalnego. Ale p³yty pos³ucham tak czy siak, zbyt du¿o znam ju¿ dobrych p³yt ze s³abymi ok³adkami ;)

Hieronim_Berbelek

« Reply #12 on: 2012-05-29, 19:28:25 »
Ok³adka jak ok³adka, bywa³o gorzej, w sumie grafika to dosyæ zbie¿na z moimi przewidywaniami. Bardziej ¿a³ujê ¿e jednak zostali przy nowym logo, bo imho to w³a¶ciwie nie jest logo.
No justice here, No liberty
No reason, No blame
There's no cause to taint the sweetest taste of blood
And greetings from the nation
As we shake the hands of time
They're taking their ovations
The vultures stay behind

Luksor

• Mourner
  • Phantom of the Opera
    • Whiteslope
« Reply #13 on: 2012-06-05, 11:27:28 »
Seven milestones...
The message of the wind

bts

• deadmint vinyl blog
« Reply #14 on: 2012-06-16, 07:54:55 »
Wczoraj ruszy³ preorder:

http://www.peaceville.com/email_newsletters/2012/Peaceville_KATATONIA_2012.html

No i mam zagwozdkê. Kusi deluxe z uwagi na bonusy i 40-stronnicow± "ksi±¿kê", ale winyle 10" za którymi nie przepadam......ech.

A swoj± drog± to w przysz³ym tygodniu najprawdopodobniej opublikuj± jeden z nowych utworów.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-16, 07:56:46 by bts »

lofty-success