Author Topic: Nowy album  (Read 98647 times)

0 Members i 1 Go¶æ przegl±da ten w±tek.

wildhoney

• http://wildhoney.atspace.com
Nowy album
« on: 2006-03-06, 23:13:14 »
Czy kto¶ zna wreszcie tytu³ (nie "10 000 Days" i ¿±dne "A Feminist's Soul"  :P ) i termin (ostatnie ploty - pocz±tek maja) wydania nowej p³yty?
Life is a bitch, but she can teach you some useful tricks

andreas

Nowy album
« Reply #1 on: 2006-03-07, 09:33:34 »
z najnowszych wie¶ci, to mam tylko tyle:

Rock Sound (UK Magazine)

DEEPER THAN EVER
New Tool Album to Push Things Even Further Forward

Prog-metal pioneers Tool are gearing up to make their long-awaited return with their fourth full studio album, which is tentatively titled “Ten Thousand Days”. Due for release via Sony BMG on May 1, the 11 tracks featured represent the first new material to come from the LA quartet since 2001’s now legendary ‘Lateralus’, and herald a heavier direction for the band. Although the album was self-produced, Tool enlisted the recording know-how of Joe Baresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Melvins) to aid them, and have confirmed track titles including “Rosetta Stoned”, “Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)” and “Ten Thousand Days”.

Speaking to Rock Sound, bassist Justin Chancellor explained that Baresi was instrumental in helping the band achieve a new level of sonic power; “Because he’s such a guitar-minded person, he really helped us achieve something we haven’t been able to up to now in terms of our sound. At first it was a bit of a trip when we first started to mix it. We had to get our head around doing it in a different way. But we quickly understood why Joe was doing what he was doing, and how it was helping us get better. It’s not just an overload of guitars though – he’s given each instrument its own space to exist and I think that gives the album an overall depth that was missing from the last one.”

Meanwhile, frontman Maynard James Keenan was unapologetic about the band’s long absence: “Clearly if I hadn’t been away with A Perfect Circle, it would have come out sooner, but it’s a complex record that needed time to come together and to solidify. I didn’t want to subject Tool to that pressure that a lot of bands put on themselves to get an album out quickly to keep everyone interested. For a band that makes the kind of music we do, it’s never going to be beneficial.”

Given Keenan’s pre-Tool career as an American solider, the album inevitably features a lyrical preoccupation with the much-debated intervention of Western forces in Iraq and the subsequent fallout, but the vocalist insisted that the new album will not see Tool climbing on to a political soapbox.

“There’s not very much use for sloganeering when dealing with something as complicated as this, so there’s no question about the album being simplified in the way that bands like Green Day have (done things). I’ve tried to employ a more emotional, cerebral element to the things I’ve seen in recent times and the idea of that is to initiate thought rather than aimlessly waving a fist. The other thing that I feel is important is to state how we are all indicted by this situation. There’s no way any of us can distance ourselves from what’s happening and there’s definitely no exoneration for people who chose not to look at it or think about it.”

The band have been confirmed as one of the headlining acts for this year’s Download Festival, and will play a London date around the same time.

--------------

to by jednak potwierdza³o tytu³ 10 000 days.

lol, toolio po kryjomu zas³uchuj± siê w Disturbed. :lol:

Unas

• Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate...
  • Global Moderathor
  • Zajebisty gawron jest zajebisty
Nowy album
« Reply #2 on: 2006-03-08, 21:16:49 »
Co to za tytu³ kawa³ka: "Zgubione Klucze (to wina Hofmann'a)"? Przecie¿ to kolejny ¿art. :mrgreen:
[under construction]

andreas

Nowy album
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-08, 22:10:13 »
no có¿, tytu³ taki sam jak napruta Rosetta... :lol:

ju¿ od dawna chodzi³y s³uchy, ¿e na p³ycie pojawi siê kawa³ek zaczynaj±cy siê od liter LK. w poprzedniej wersji mia³ siê nazywaæ Laiad Kayenth.

oczywi¶cie, zdajê sobie sprawê, ¿e ch³opaki z toolio dobrze siê bawi± wypuszczaj±c bzdurne inflrmacje w eter, ale mnie tam nic nie zdziwi. nawet mo¿liwo¶æ, ¿e te tytu³y oka¿± siê prawd±.

ThirdEye

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Piter86
Nowy album
« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-14, 19:51:51 »
nie mozna brac tytulow na powaznie ale nie zapomnijmy ze byly juz takie perelki jak maynards dick czy die eier von satan :twisted:

absent_friend

• friend of absynth
Nowy album
« Reply #5 on: 2006-03-17, 17:04:59 »
hmm... co do nowego albumu: "szukajcie a znajdziecie"    :wink:  :roll:

"I don't expect I'll ever understand.. How life just trickled through my hand.."

ThirdEye

Nowy album
« Reply #6 on: 2006-03-17, 19:33:30 »
eee a jakies podpowiedzi?? :wink:  10 000 dni w koncu?? nie fejk??;>

andreas

Nowy album
« Reply #7 on: 2006-03-18, 09:36:21 »
minder, specjalnie dla ciebie. to ju¿ nie tylko teoria na temat podskórnych tre¶ci p³yty, ale teoria na temat teorii o rzekomej prawdziwo¶ci lub ewentualnej nieprawdziwo¶ci listy utworów, ktora jaki¶ czas temu wyp³ynê³a w ¶wiat, czyli fani toola w najlepszym wydaniu:

Quote from: Shadow of Anima z toolnavy
I'll try to keep this post as brief as possible.

I should preface this by stating that when the track listing for the new album was released, I liked it and believed it to be true (and I think I still might).

That said, I have a new theory that, if true, might suggest that the track listing posted on Toolband is a hoax.

My theory ignores the alleged title track (10,000 Days) and focuses instead upon the other two independently "confirmed" song titles: Rosetta Stoned and Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann).

Most of the discussion surrounding Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) has centered on Albert Hofmann, the man who first synthesized LSD. I offer an alternative Hofmann: Mark Hofmann, the man behind one of the greatest hoaxes in American religious history.

Mark Hofmann was born in the 1954, and was raised as a Mormon. He soon came to resent the Church of Latter-day Saints, and became an antiques dealer. He eventually turned to dealing in fogeries and counterfeits as a means of making money, and began to fabricate significant historical documents. (Again, for the purposes of brevity, I'll cut this short and allow you to do your own research on this topic.)

To tie this back to Rosetta Stoned:

First, I will quote from my earlier post on the Rosetta Stone:

"The Rosetta Stone is what allowed us finally to understand Egyptian hieroglyphics. It's a stone - literally - with the same (partial) text inscribed in three different scripts. One of the three scripts was hieroglyphics, which up to that point we were unable to understand. Another of the scripts was Greek, which, of course, was perfectly readable. After about 30 years of study, researchers were eventually able to "decode" Egyptian hieroglyphics by comparing it to the Greek."

Now, consider the following (which is taken from Wikipedia, a questionable source at best, but this information can be independently verified, and this paragraph provides a convenient summary):

"The first forgery Hofmann sold to the LDS [= Latter-day Saints = Mormon] church was the so-called Anthon Transcript. Hofmann claimed he found this document April 1980 pasted between the pages of a 1668 Bible with the apparent signatures of Joseph Smith's [the founder of Mormonism] great and great-great grandfathers inside. The document seemed especially significant as the transcript that Smith's scribe Martin Harris presented to Charles Anthon, a Columbia University classics professor, in 1828. According to the Joseph Smith-History, the transcript and its bizarre "REFORMED EGYPTIAN" [emphasis mine] characters were copied by Smith from the Golden Plates from which he translated the Book of Mormon."

In the end, this document proved to be a hoax, and was at the center of one of the greatest controversies in Mormon history.

This "reformed Egypitian" language that Hofmann claimed legitimized, in some sense, the Mormon faith, dates back as far as 600 BC. And, remember: the Rosetta Stone is what allowed us initially to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics.

I conclude, then, that it is possible that the two tracks (excepting the title track) of which we have indpendent confirmation (= not from Toolband or Adam's Myspace messages) COULD suggest that this track listing is a hoax. That is, "Hofmann" and "Rosetta Stone" are both components of what I have already described as one of the greatest religious hoaxes in American history.

If what I have suggested is true, the clever (and humorous) aspect of Tool's hoax would be that they had us thinking on a relatively obvious level: drugs. Many of the posts in this forum have suggested that "Rosetta Stoned" refers to pot, and that "Blame Hofmann" refers to Albert Hofmann and LSD. It is possible, though, that there is something more significant going on here. "Rosetta Stoned" and "Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)" could, by referring to a famous and well-orchestrated relgious hoax, suggest that the track listing we have been given is a hoax, as well.

Again, there is lot more that can be said about this, but people are in general hesitant to read long posts, and this post has already gone on far too long. Could it be a coincidence that these were the two track names given to Rock Sound? Absolutely. But, if you're interested, do some research, and let me know what you think.

Edit: "Hofmann was one of the most skilled forgers in this century. The lengths he went to fool all the experts were extraordinary." - Daniel Lombardo, museum curator

edit: st±d w³a¶nie wynika moje przewa¿liwienie:  post jest ciekawy i sensowny, ale to tylko jeden przyk³ad, a jest ich ca³a masa... jak siê chce znale¼æ zale¿no¶æ, to siê j± z regu³y znajduje. jest to piêkna teoria do wcze¶niej wybranej tezy, ¿e lista utworów to fake. s± te¿ inne, równie piêkne teorie, ¿e lista jest prawdziwa. np, ¿e tytu³ 'wings for marie' jest zbyt osobisty, ¿eby go fa³szowaæ, bo to drugie imiê matki mjk'a...

minder

• Master of Disaster
  • Administrator
  • Wokó³ sami lunatycy...
    • mindr.
Nowy album
« Reply #8 on: 2006-03-18, 12:55:36 »
A ca³y zespó³ p³acze ze ¶miechu czytaj±c te wszystkie teorie :lol:
True Pagan Winter Crew

andreas

Nowy album
« Reply #9 on: 2006-03-18, 13:13:40 »
mam szczer± nadziejê, ¿e tak w³a¶nie jest.

Unas

• Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate...
  • Global Moderathor
  • Zajebisty gawron jest zajebisty
Nowy album
« Reply #10 on: 2006-03-18, 15:39:55 »
Panowie maj± to samo co Darkthrone. Czyli kupê pomylonych fanów, którzy dopatrz± siê nie wiadomo czego w ka¿dym nagranym przez nich kawa³ku. :lol:
[under construction]

ThirdEye

Nowy album
« Reply #11 on: 2006-03-18, 19:31:31 »
eee tam przesadzacie nie jest tych pomylencow tak wiele;]

absent friend sprawdzilem juz 4 fejki wiec chyba cos Ci sie pomylilo :P  :roll:

absent_friend

• friend of absynth
Nowy album
« Reply #12 on: 2006-03-18, 20:36:36 »
nom niestety...
ale sam rozumiesz heh gor±czkê przedpremierow± :p

"I don't expect I'll ever understand.. How life just trickled through my hand.."

ThirdEye

Nowy album
« Reply #13 on: 2006-03-18, 21:03:32 »
rozumiem, rozumiem... sam z niecierpliwoscia czekam.

edit:
a to domniemana okladka i logo z oficjalnej

wg mnie nie bedzie to prawdziwa okladka... za bardzo to Lateralusowe, poza tym obrazy Alexa Greya juz wykorzystywali(ten z okladki na koncertach)... mam nadzieje ze jednak cos nowego pokaza, a logo srednie;]

andreas

Nowy album
« Reply #14 on: 2006-03-28, 06:25:12 »
hahahah, ROFL, ROFL, ROFL! znam go¶cia, który zrobi³ t± ok³adkê i... uwierz mi... to NAPRAWDÊ by³ ¿art!  :lol:  :lol:

ale wygl±dda na to, ¿e ta lista utworów by³a PRAWDZIWA:

Tool Feeling 'Vicarious' On New Album
March 27, 2006, 3:45 PM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Rock act Tool has revealed the track list for its next studio album, "10,000 Days." As previously reported, the set is due May 2 via Volcano. Billboard.com has learned that first single/album opener "Vicarious," which stretches past the seven-minute mark, is due to arrive April 17 at U.S. rock radio outlets.

True to form, the 11-track "10,000 Days" sports a number of epic tunes, particularly "Rosetta Stoned" and "10,000 Days (Wings Pt. 2)," both of which clock in at 11:14. Near the end of the disc are the substantially lengthy "Intension" (7:21) and "Right in Two" (8:56).

"10,000 Days" is the follow-up to 2001's "Lateralus," which debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 2.3 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As previously reported, Tool will play its first U.S. show since late 2002 when it headlines the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival on April 30 in Indio, Calif. No other U.S. dates have been confirmed. Afterward, the band will spend the first portion of the summer playing the European festival circuit, with dates on tap through July 9 at Finland's Turku Festival.

Here is the track list for "10,000 Days":

"Vicarious"
"Jambi"
"Wings for Marie (Pt. 1)"
"10,000 Days (Pt. 2)"
"The Pot"
"Lipan Conjuring"
"Lost Keys (Blame Hofman)"
"Rosetta Stoned"
"Intension"
"Right in Two"
"Viginti Tres"

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002237083

HA!